Skip to main content

University of Oklahoma. English Department

 Organization

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Howard Cook Collection

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: WHC-M-2637
Scope and Contents FULL FINDING AID (PDF)

Student. Printed materials and memorabilia (1908-1913) from Howard Cook's years as a student at the University of Oklahoma, and a copy of a brochure (circa 1930) for the OU Stadium-Union Memorial. The collection also includes Cook's diploma (1913) and other OU commencement materials.
Dates: 1908-1930

Sardis Roy Hadsell Collection

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: WHC-M-242
Scope and Contents FULL FINDING AID (PDF)

English professor. correspondence (1916-1942); freshman English placement exams and results (1936-1940), and English Department circulars and course outlines (1929-1940) from the University of Oklahoma; report of an audit (1905) of the University's finances; manuscript accounts by Hadsell of the early history of the University, including "(Vernon L.) Parrington in Oklahoma" (n.d.)"A History of the University of Oklahoma" (1929), and "Twenty-Eight Years After" (1928), which relates Hadsell's experiences with the 1900 expedition of the Oklahoma Geological Survey, plus a typescript of Hadsell's diary from the expedition. Sardis Roy Hadsell Photograph Collection also in repository.
Dates: 1900-1942

Vernon Louis Parrington Collection

 Collection — Box: P-22
Identifier: WHC-M-1882
Scope and Contents FULL FINDING AID (PDF)

Professor. Correspondence (1907-1941), reports (ca. 1941) and a map (1931) regarding Dr. Parrington and his career at the University of Oklahoma, including a history (n.d.) of the University of Oklahoma English Department, and a report (1908) submitted by Parrington to the Board of Regents concerning a new campus plan for the University of Oklahoma. Also included is a map of the Parrington Building and its grounds at the University of Washington at Seattle.
Dates: 1893-1941