Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Collector. Newspaper clippings (1901); certificates (1901-1911) from the United States Land Office, Lawton, Oklahoma; and a manuscript (n.d.) written by Fannie Townsend Hair concerning the naming and route of the Chisholm Trail in Oklahoma, with comments by Edwin C. McReynolds.
Black and white copy prints from the original nitrate negatives of early Texas history, Texas Rangers, lawmen, outlaws, gunfighters, and wild west shows. Also included are photographs of ranchers, cattlemen and cowboys of the Southwest, the U.S. Army during the Apache campaigns, the Little Big Horn battlefield and the Indian Wars of 1876 and 1890-1891, along with churches, cathedrals, and missions of Texas, California and Arizona. The collection also contains images of Comanche, Sioux, Shoshoni, Pueblo, Creek, Chippewa, Maricopa, Arapaho, Papago, Kickapoo, Yuma, Modoc, Cheyenne, Pawnee, Kiowa, Navajo, Apache, and Crow Indians. Prominent western personalities include Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, Geronimo, Quanah Parker, Sitting Bull, Frank and Jesse James, Heck Thomas, Bill Tilghman, Chris Madsen, Pat Garrett, Billy the Kid, the Daltons and Youngers, Judge Roy Bean, George A. Custer, California Joe, the Sundance Kid, Butch Cassidy, and the Earp brothers.
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Photocopies of correspondence (1804-1899) between U.S. Indian agents throughout the southern Great Plains region and various officials, regarding Cheyenne, Arapaho, Kiowa, Osage, Pawnee, Sac and Fox, Wichita and other Indian tribes. Correspondents include John Beach, Lawrie Tatum and Generals Townsend, Sheridan and Sherman.
Black and white original and copy prints of Oklahoma outlaws, lawmen, agriculture, wild west shows, land openings, businesses, towns and cities, schools, settlers, members of the state government and of the U.S. Army. Also included are images of Cherokee, Osage, Delaware, Seminole, Comanche, Creek, and Apache Indians. Walter S. Ferguson Manuscript Collection also in repository.
- American bison 2
- Apache Indians -- Arms and armor 2
- Apache Indians -- Clothing 2
- Comanche Indians -- Clothing 2
- Indian beadwork -- North America 2
- Oklahoma -- History -- Land Rush, 1889 2
- Photographs 2
- Ponca Indians -- Clothing 2
- United States marshals 2
- Wild west shows 2
- Ada (Okla.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Administrative agencies -- Oklahoma -- Cheyenne and Arapaho Reservation 1
- Apache Indians -- Domestic animals 1
- Apache Indians -- Dwellings 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations 1
- Apache Indians -- Languages 1
- Apache Indians -- Medals 1
- Apache Indians -- Religion 1
- Apache Indians -- Social life and customs 1
- Apache Indians -- Transportation 1 + ∧ less