Skip to main content

Comfort, E. Nicholas, 1884-1955


Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Charles Newton Gould Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: WHC-M-230
Scope and Contents


Geologist. Correspondence (1914-1941) regarding personal matters, and Oklahoma place names and geology; published and unpublished manuscripts (1907-1946) regarding Oklahoma history, place names and geology; reviews (n.d.) of Gould's works; poetry (n.d.) by Gould; speeches (n.d.) delivered by Gould; and newspaper clippings (1900-1946) regarding Gould's life and works.

Dates: 1897-1948

E. Nicholas Comfort studio portrait., undated

 Item — Oversize box Photo Room 9a, Item: 4
Scope and Contents From the Collection:

Black and white original prints of the faculty and staff of the Oklahoma School of Religion at Norman, Oklahoma. The collection also includes a scene of McFarlin Memorial Auditorium at Southern Methodist University. Oklahoma School of Religion Manuscript Collection also in repository.

Dates: undated

Oklahoma Association for Teachers' Retirement Collection

Identifier: WHC-M-446
Scope and Contents


Correspondence (1936-1938) with professional and business organizations, school superintendents, political candidates and others, favoring legislation establishing teachers' retirement provisions; and minutes (1936-1938) of the Association's meetings.

Dates: 1936-1938

Oklahoma School of Religion Collection

Identifier: WHC-M-456
Scope and Contents


Center for religious instruction. Subject files (1917-1950) of the director of the school regarding its functions, programs, and status; minutes (1927-1946) of meetings of the school's governing board; and publications (1927-1946), including school newsletters, catalogs, and annual reports of the First Presbyterian Church of Norman, the school's sponsor. The collection also includes biographical materials (1956-1966) on E. Nicholas Comfort and the Comfort family; a 1930 report by Comfort on the school to the Julius Rosenwald Foundation; and drawings of the school’s buildings. Oklahoma School of Religion Photograph Collection also in repository.

Dates: 1915-1966