Miss Indian America Contest, Sheridan, Wyoming, 1955. Left to right: Mary Louise Defender, Rita McLaughlin, Wynema Archambault, Mary Geneva Whiteman, Darlene Desersa, Caroline Rosemary Motami, and Sandra Gover., 1955
Scope and Contents
Black and white original and copy prints of Comanche, Cheyenne, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Arapaho, Sac and Fox, Sioux, Blackfoot, Kiowa, Crow, Ute, Shawnee, Omaha, Pueblo, Shoshoni, Pawnee, Ponca, Assinibone, Apache, Yakima Nez Perce, Umatilla, Wichita, Osage, Potawatomi and Flathead Indians. Also included are photographs of the U.S. Army during the Indian Wars (1865-1891), Western forts and posts, the Little Big Horn battlefield, trails and settlements of the Southwest, soil conservation and dust storms, Oklahoma towns, mountain ranges and National Parks.
Restrictions on Access
Open for public research.
From the Collection: 2909 items (2909 items)
Language of Materials
From the Collection:
- Archambault, Wynema Rose
- Crow Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dakota Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Desersa, Darlene
- Diers, Don C.
- Gover, Sandra Mae
- Mclaughlin, Rita Ann
- Motanic, Caroline Rosemary, 1938-2012
- Pawnee Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheridan (Wyo.) Subject Source: Naf
- Yankton Indians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States