David Ross Boyd Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents
Black and white original prints of David Ross Boyd, his family, scenes from the first ten years of the University of Oklahoma, including the first faculty, students and buildings. The collection also contains images of the Rough Riders Reunion at Oklahoma City in 1910. David Ross Boyd Manuscript Collection also in repository.
- Creation: 1885-1930
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Open for public research.
175 items (175 items)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Savoie Lottinville.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Photoprints: Source of acquisition--Lottinville, Savoie. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1958.
- Boyd, David Ross, 1853-1936 (Person)
- Parrington, Vernon Louis, 1871-1929 (Person)
- University of Oklahoma -- : Buildings. (Organization)
- United States. Army -- : Uniforms. (Organization)
- Rough Riders Reunion (Location of meeting: Oklahoma City). Date of meeting or treaty signing: (1910 :.) (Organization)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019