W. E. Tomlinson Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents
Black and white original and copy prints of Lawton, Oklahoma Territory, including street scenes, businesses, United States marshals, the Lawton police, and railroads. W. E. Tomlinson Manuscript Collection also in repository.
- Creation: 1878-1901
- Tomlinson, W. E. (Collector, Person)
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Open for public research.
37 items (37 items)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of W.E. Tomlinson.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Photoprints: Source of acquisition--Tomlinson, W.E. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1949.
Genre / Form
- Banks and banking -- Oklahoma
- Bars (Drinking establishments) -- Oklahoma
- Business enterprises -- Oklahoma
- Carriages and carts -- Oklahoma
- Hardware stores -- Oklahoma
- Indians of North America
- Police -- Oklahoma
- Postal service -- Oklahoma
- Railroad stations -- Oklahoma
- Railroads -- Rolling-stock -- Oklahoma
- United States marshals
- Wagons -- Oklahoma
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019