Lenny and Sawyers Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents
Black and white original prints of Apache, Caddo, Comanche, Kiowa, Oto, and Wichita Indians taken at the Lenny and Sawyers Studio in Purcell, Indian Territory.
- Creation: 1890-1900
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Open for public research.
20 items (20 items)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Vernon Mitchell.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Photoprints: Source of acquisition--Mitchell, Vernon. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1985.
Genre / Form
- Apache Indians -- Arms and armor
- Apache Indians -- Clothing
- Caddo Indians -- Arms and armor
- Caddo Indians -- Clothing
- Comanche Indians -- Arms and armor
- Comanche Indians -- Clothing
- Comanche beadwork
- Indian beadwork -- North America
- Indians of North America
- Kiowa Indians -- Arms and armor
- Kiowa Indians -- Clothing
- Oto Indians -- Arms and armor
- Oto Indians -- Clothing
- Oto Indians -- Medals
- Wichita Indians -- Clothing
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019