University of Oklahoma Archives, Media Services/News Services Collection, RG15
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
In addition to Media Services press releases and news clippings (1976-90), the records and publications of its predecessors, the Bureau of Public (Press) Relations and the Office of Public Information, include: News Releases (1938-51) bound in chronological order and subject files (1945-54) of Public Relations; "The Oklahoma News Bulletin" (1927-48); "Contact" (1944, 1948-51); "News of the Month" (1949-55); "University News" (1969-70); and "OU Update" (1986-88). The bulk of the records from Media Services are in the form of Press Releases in subject files.
Restrictions on Access
Open for public research.
104.6 Cubic Feet (104.6 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records: Date of acquisition--9999.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College publicity. -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Press releases Subject Source: Ftamc
- Universities and colleges. -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oklahoma -- : Publicity.
- University of Oklahoma. Bureau of Public (Press) Relations
- University of Oklahoma. News Services
- University of Oklahoma. Office of Public Information
- University of Oklahoma. University Affairs. Media Services/News Services
- University of Oklahoma. Video and Media Services
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States