University of Oklahoma Archives, Ima James chairperson records, RG40/25
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
The records of Ima James, who served as chairperson of this department between 1941 and 1946 and in various prior positions beginning in 1918, contain the following series: Activity Records (1919-45), reflecting activities in which James and the department participated, are arranged alphabetically by name of organization or activity; Correspondence (1927-29, 1938-44) arranged alphabetically by name; Gradebooks (1918-46); Physical Examination Records (1922-27) arranged alphabetically by last name; Recommendations of Resident Physician (1941-47) arranged alphabetically by last name; processed informational materials on sports, hobbies, crafts, games, and recreation. Additionally, for the Women's Athletic Association there are Meeting Minutes (1919-34) and Financial Records (1928-40).
Restrictions on Access
Medical records.: Confidentiality., Oklahoma Statutes Title 43A, section 3-422.
19.6 Cubic Feet (19.6 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
records: Date of acquisition--1951.
- American Association of University Women
- Brochures Subject Source: Ftamc
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Culbert, Katherine James.
- Gradebooks Subject Source: Ftamc
- Minutes Subject Source: Ftamc
- National Amateur Athletic Federation (U.S.)
- Physical education for women. -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reaves, Ima, 1896-1968
- Reports Subject Source: Ftamc
- United Service Organizations (U.S.)
- United States. National Youth Administration
- United States. Works Progress Administration
- Universities and colleges. -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oklahoma -- : Athletics.
- University of Oklahoma. College of Arts and Sciences. Women's Physical Education. Chairperson
- University of Oklahoma. Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation
- Women's Athletic Association
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States