Allen Wright Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Typescripts of messages, proclamations, and statements 81868-1880) made by Wright as Principal Chief of the Choctaw nation to the General Council; typescripts of Wright's letters to the editor of the VINDICATOR and other newspapers, all regarding governmental issues of the Choctaw Nation. Also included are session minutes (1886-1900) of the Tali Hekia Presbyterian Church, Blue County, Indian Territory and Sunday School attendence records (1925-1926) of the Presbyterian Church, Wapanucka, Oklahoma.
- Wright, Allen, 1826-1885 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
2 ft. (2 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Mrs. Edwin Ludlow and Muriel H. Wright.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Ludlow, Mrs. Edwin and Muriel H. Wright. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1949.
- Choctaw Indians -- Government relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Subject Source: Naf
- First Presbyterian Church (Wapanucka, Okla.) -- : Records and correspondence.
- Minutes Subject Source: Ftamc
- Missionaries -- Indian Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Missionaries -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tali Hekia Presbyterian Church (Okla.) -- : Records and correspondence.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States