Sardis Roy Hadsell Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
English professor. correspondence (1916-1942); freshman English placement exams and results (1936-1940), and English Department circulars and course outlines (1929-1940) from the University of Oklahoma; report of an audit (1905) of the University's finances; manuscript accounts by Hadsell of the early history of the University, including "(Vernon L.) Parrington in Oklahoma" (n.d.)"A History of the University of Oklahoma" (1929), and "Twenty-Eight Years After" (1928), which relates Hadsell's experiences with the 1900 expedition of the Oklahoma Geological Survey, plus a typescript of Hadsell's diary from the expedition. Sardis Roy Hadsell Photograph Collection also in repository.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.5 ft. (.5 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Florena Williams Hadsell.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Hadsell, Florena Williams. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1951.
- Boyd, David Ross, 1853-1936
- Brewer, Theodore Hampton, 1873-1940
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- English language -- Examinations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- English language -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Geology -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gould, Charles Newton, 1868-1949
- Hadsell, S. R. (Sardis Roy), 1876-1942
- Histories Subject Source: Ftamc
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Outlines Subject Source: Ftamc
- Parrington, Vernon Louis, 1871-1929
- Reports Subject Source: Ftamc
- University of Oklahoma -- : Buildings.
- University of Oklahoma. Department of English
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States