John Robert Williams Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Political campaign manager. Correspondence (1906-1910), telegrams (1909-1910), publications (1910), news clippings (1910) and broadsides (1910) regarding the election campaigns of Lee Cruce and his opponent for the governorship of Oklahoma in 1910, and of the Democratic and Republican parties in Oklahoma. The collection includes correspondence (1906) from Senator Gordon Russell regarding Congress's plans for the admission of Oklahoma to the Union.
- Creation: 1906-1910
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
.45 Cubic Feet (.45 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Allan de Lasdernier Williams.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Williams, Allan de Lasdernier. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1987.
- Barnard, Kate, 1875-1930 (Person)
- Branson, Fred P., 1881-1960 (Person)
- Cruce, Lee, 1863-1933 (Person)
- Haskell, Charles Nathaniel, 1860-1933 (Person)
- Murray, William H. (William Henry), 1869-1956 (Person)
- Williams, John Robert, 1866-1931 (Person)
- Democratic Party (Okla.) (Organization)
- McNeal, Joseph W. (Person)
- Russell, Gordon, 1859-1919 (Person)
Genre / Form
- African Americans -- Colonization -- Oklahoma
- African Americans -- Oklahoma
- Campaign literature, 1910 -- Democratic -- Oklahoma
- Campaign management -- Oklahoma
- Elections -- Oklahoma
- Govenors -- Oklahoma -- Elections
- Political campaigns -- Oklahoma
- Republican Party -- Oklahoma
- Statehood (American politics)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States