James Longstreet Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Army officer. A letter (1837) from Maj. James Longstreet in San Antonio, Texas to Maj. Gen. George Gibson in which Longstreet requests $10,000 to purchase supplies for an upcoming campaign against the Indians.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
1 item (1 item)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Correspondence: Date of acquisition--1990.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Wars Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Longstreet, James, 1821-1904
- Texas -- Indian wars Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army -- : Officers -- : Correspondence.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States