Hobert Otho Boggs Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Photocopies of an occupation permit (1889) from the Choctaw Nation, a sales brochure (n.d.) from the Sacred Heart Abbey (Okla.), a letter (1845) from George Harkins describing conditions among the Choctaws since their removal from Mississippi to Indian Territory, and a letter (1874) from Peter Pitchlynn to his nephew W.B. Pitchlynn regarding Choctaw politics. Hobert Boggs Photograph Collection also in repository.
- Boggs, Hobert Otho, 1901-1980 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
8 items (8 items)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Hobert Otho Boggs.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Boggs, Henry Otho. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1970.
- Choctaw Indians -- Government relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Choctaw Indians -- Land tenure Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harkins, George Washington, 1810-1861
- Indians of North America -- Land tenure Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- LeFlore, Greenwood, 1800-1865
- Letters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pitchlynn, Peter Perkins, 1806-1881
- Pitchlynn, William B.
- Sacred Heart Mission (Shawnee, Okla.)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States