William McIntosh Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Indian chief. Publications relating to the McIntosh family, including a two page biographical sketch (n.d.) entitled "Chief William McIntosh, Jr.;" an article (1969) by Harriet Turner Corbin, entitled "A History and Genealogy of Chief Wm. McIntosh Jr., and His Known Descendants;" "Legends of the Choctaw Indians: History, Origin, Chiefs, Government, and Constitution of the Choctaw Nation" (n.d.). "Clan Tartan Centre, Evidence of a Clan Heritage for the Surname McIntosh" (1993); a photocopied page showing Scottish arms of Clan Chattan, the tomb in McIntosh burial grounds, and McIntosh Inn at Indian Springs, Georgia (n.d.); and a colored picture (n.d.) depicting the Mackintosh coat of arms.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.1 ft. (.1 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of John G. McIntosh.
- Choctaw Indians -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Choctaw Indians -- Kings and rulers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Creek Indians -- Genealogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Creek Indians--Kings and rulers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McIntosh family
- McIntosh, William, approximately 1775-1825
- Sketches Subject Source: Ftamc
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States