William August Schaper Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Professor. Correspondence (1909-1957) regarding the administration of the University of Minnesota's Political Science Department, Schaper's dismissal from the University faculty in 1917 for his stance on World War I, and regarding the Progressive Party in the Presidential election of 1912; the proceedings (1917) of the University of Minnesota Board of Regents regarding Schaper's dismissal; and typescripts (ca. 1922) of a speech by Professor Frederick Huidekoper regarding military policy and history.
- Creation: 1909-1957
- Schaper, William A., 1869-1955 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
1.15 Cubic Feet (1.15 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gifts of Mrs. William A. Schaper and the University of Oklahoma Public Relations Bureau.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Schaper, Mrs. William A. and the University of Oklahoma Public Relations Bureau. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1952.
- Butler, Pierce, 1873-1955 (Person)
- Cattell, James McKeen, 1860-1944 (Person)
- La Follette, Robert M. (Robert Marion), 1855-1925 (Person)
- Lowenthal, Max, 1888-1971 (Person)
- Meyer, Balthasar Henry, 1866-1954 (Person)
- Nelson, Knute, 1843-1923 (Person)
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1912) (Organization)
- University of Minnesota. Board of Regents (Organization)
- University of Minnesota. Department of Political Science (Organization)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States