Paul Simon Carpenter Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Music professor. Correspondence (1910-1956) to and from Carpenter regarding his studies at the Conservatoire Nationale in Paris, his appointment to the faculty of the University of Oklahoma in 1914, his 1946 appointment as Dean of Fine Arts at the University, and his book "Music, An Art and a Business" which was unfinished at the time of his death; financial records (1940-1949); note cards (n.d.) with a bibliography of music books; scrapbooks (n.d.) of musical scores with accompanying notes; and publications (1870-1954) including musical scores, programs, and journals. Also included is a two-page genealogical listing tracing the Carpenter family history from 1675 to 1949.
Restrictions on Access
Open for public research.
2.66 ft. (2.66 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Helene Carpenter.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Carpenter, Helene. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1956.
- Bibliographies Subject Source: Ftamc
- Carpenter family
- Carpenter, Paul S., 1895-1949
- College teachers as artists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogies Subject Source: Ftamc
- Music -- Oklahoma -- Instruction and study Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music in education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Musicians -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scores Subject Source: Ftamc
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Ftamc
- University of Oklahoma -- : Buildings.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States