Savoie Lottinville Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Editor. Edited manuscripts of "Travels in North America, 1822-1824" by Paul Wilhelm, Duke of Wurttemberg, and "Life of George Bent" by George E. Hyde; articles (1964-1977) by Lottinville on George Milburn, the University of Oklahoma seal, and the Rhodes Legal History Collection at the University of Okalhoma; a letter (1966) from E.N. Roberts to R.L. Disney, relating the meeting of Rev. John Roberts with a woman claiming to be Sacajawea in 1883; and a notarized statement (1953) of Frank M. Wyncoop concerning the Sand Creek Massacre, belonging to Lottinville, editor of the University of Oklahoma's University Press, 1938-1975.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
1.33 ft. (1.33 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Savoie Lottinville.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Lottinville, Savoie. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1969.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Disney, Richard Lester, 1887-1976
- Letters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lottinville, Savoie, 1906-1997
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Milburn, George, 1906-1966
- Roberts, E. N.
- Sacagawea (approximately 1788-1812 or 1884)
- University of Oklahoma -- : Insignia.
- University of Oklahoma. Press
- Wyncoop, Frank M.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States