Lovie Whitaker Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Collector. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed material (1953-1963), relating to the Army's attempt to take over a part of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge for a missile firing range.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.1 ft. (.1 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Lovie Whitaker.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Whitaker, Lovie. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1973.
- Albert, Carl Bert, 1908-2000
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fort Sill (Okla.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ives, Irving McNeil, 1896-1962
- Kerr, Robert S. (Robert Samuel), 1896-1963
- Nice, Margaret Morse, 1883-1974
- United States. Army -- : Weapons systems.
- Whitaker, John R. (John Ralph), 1906-
- Whitaker, Lovie
- White, Perry E., 1926-
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge (Okla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wickersham, Victor Eugene, 1906-1988
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States