John C. Kennedy Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Politician. Papers (1952-1990) of J.C. Kennedy relating to his political, civic, and business activities as Chairman of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation, Commissioner of the Oklahoma State Highway Department, member of the Oklahoma State Chamber of Commerce, President of the Oklahoma Housing Conference, Chairman of the Oklahoma Democratic Party, and alternate representative to the United States Mission to the United Nations. Many documents in this collection pertain to the civic activities of Wynn Kennedy. Also includes newspaper clippings (various dates) covering state of Oklahoma and national political affairs, J.C. Kennedy's business dealings, and Kennedy's long history of public service.
- Kennedy, John C. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
4 ft. (4 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of John Kennedy II.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Kennedy II, John. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1993.
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Democratic Party (Okla.)
- Elk City (Okla.) Subject Source: Naf
- Kennedy, Wynn
- Oklahoma -- Officials and employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oklahoma -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oklahoma -- Songs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United Nations
- United States. Mission to the United Nations
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States