Arlyss and Paula Cleveland Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Printed materials (1977-1983) used in a course taught at Yavapai College, Prescott, Arizona, entitled"Oral Traditions of Pueblo Indians" including newspaper articles on the Navajo-Hopi land dispute, tribal feuds, Apache culture, and Zuni pilgrimages; articles on basket-making, medicinal plants, musical instruments, prayer sticks, rugs, and pottery; and biographical sketches of Ganado Mucho, Henry Chee Dodge, Yukioma, Carlos Montezuma, Atsidi Sani, Mangas Coloradas, Pope, Julian Martinez, Hasteen Klah, and Manuelito.
- Cleveland, Arlyss, 1921-2008 (Person)
- Cleveland, Paula Snellgrove, 1918-2003 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.25 ft. (.25 ft.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Printed materials: Source of acquisition--Cleveland, Arlyss and Paula. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1998.
- Atsidi Sani, 1830-1917
- Dodge, Henry Chee, 1857?-1947
- Ganado Mucho
- Hopi Indians -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Klah, Hasteen
- Mangas Coloradas, (Apache chief), -1863?
- Manuelito, Navajo chief, 1818-1893
- Martinez, Julian, -1943
- Montezuma, Carlos, 1866-1923
- Navajo Indians -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Popé, approximately 1630-approximately 1688
- Zuni Indians -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States