Louise Beard Moore Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Professor and journalist. Correspondence, memoirs, and professional papers (1890-1991) of Louise Beard Moore and her husband, Morris Price Moore, and the papers of their relatives, Richard Benjamin Moore, May Cannon Moore, Virgil Byron Beard, and others. These papers concern the Oklahoma and Tennessee newspapers and publications on which Louise and Morris worked, including the University of Oklahoma's "Oklahoma Daily" and "The Sooner" yearbook; the papers also include Louise Beard Moore's teaching files (1957-1972), her newspaper subject files, and correspondence (1968-1971) regarding the Oklahoma Memorial Association and Oklahoma Hall of Fame. The family papers relate to the wheat farming and rural life of Virgil Byron Beard in Bison, Oklahoma; and the life and work of Richard Benjamin Moore and May Cannon Moore in McKenzie, Tennessee.
- Creation: 1890-1991
- Moore, Louise Beard, 1905-1992 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
24 Cubic Feet (24 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Douglas and Lou Hale.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Hale, Douglas and Lou. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1992.
- Moore, Morris Price, 1905-1949 (Person)
- Beard, Virgil Byron, 1873-1951 (Person)
- Moore, May, 1875-1925 (Person)
- Moore, Richard Benjamin, 1874-1929 (Person)
- Kaufman, Kenneth C. (Kenneth Carlyle), 1887-1945 (Person)
- University of Oklahoma -- : Journalism. (Organization)
- Oklahoma Daily (Organization)
- Oklahoma Memorial Association (Norman, Okla.) (Organization)
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame (Organization)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States