Claude Hensley Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Typesetter, Linotype Operator for the Oklahoman. Typescripts of various documents dealing with Quanah Parker, life at Fort Sill and Fort Reno, Oklahoma Territory, buffalo hunting, and the memoirs of E.H. Linzee describing the development of Oklahoma Territory. Claude Hensley Photograph Collection also in repository.
- Creation: 1860-1940
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
.1 Cubic Feet (.1 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Claude Hensley and Joan Keys.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Hensley, Claude and Joan Keys. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1957.
- Big Tree, 1847-1927 (Kiowa chief) (Person)
- Hensley, Claude Eugene, 1876-1968 (Person)
- Evans, Cornelius W., 1844-1916 (Person)
- Jennings, Al, 1863-1961 (Person)
- Madsen, Christian, 1851-1944 (Person)
- Old Crow (Comanche Indian) (Person)
- Parker, Quanah, 1845?-1911 (Person)
- Parker, Cynthia Ann, 1827?-1864 (Person)
- Satank, Kiowa Chief, 1810-1871 (Person)
- Linzee, E. H. (Person)
- Smith, Frank E., 1860-1902 -- Assassination (Person)
Genre / Form
- El Reno (Okla.) -- History
- Fort Reno (Okla.)
- Fort Sill (Okla.)
- Oklahoma -- History -- 19th century
- Oklahoma -- Newspapers -- History
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States