Herbert Randall Hengst, Sr., Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Professor. The Hengst Collection is an oral history project of the Center for Studies in Higher Education at the University of Oklahoma. The purpose was to document the history of the university through interviews with former administrators, faculty and staff members, regents, and alumni. The collection contains 131 cassette tapes and transcriptions of interviews (1979-1985), background information on the people interviewed, and administrative records (1951-1985) of the project. Transcript of oral history tape of Dr. Tom Love, Feb. 17, 1997. Transcript of oral history tape of Pastor Kuan, n.d. Transcript of oral history tape"China-Little Wu Tai Shan" n.d. In The service: 1942-1945, the story of one man's three years in the United States Army Air Force during the Second World War by Herbert R. Hengst, 1996.
- Creation: 1951-1997
- Hengst, Herbert R. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
2.3 Cubic Feet (2.3 feet)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Herbert Randall Hengst, Sr.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers and cassette tapes: Source of acquisition--Hengst, Sr., Herbert Randall. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1990.
- Brandt, Joseph A. (Joseph August), 1899-1984 (Person)
- Brooks, Stratton D. (Stratton Duluth), 1869-1949 (Person)
- Dale, Edward Everett, 1879-1972 (Person)
- Hollomon, J. Herbert (John Herbert) (Person)
- Owen, Bennie, 1875-1970 (Person)
- Shockley, Martin (Person)
- Sutton, George Miksch, 1898-1982 (Person)
- Love, Tom J. (Person)
- University of Oklahoma. Center for Studies in Higher Education (Organization)
- Oklahoma Center for Continuing Education (Organization)
- University of Oklahoma -- : Administration. (Organization)
- United States. Army. Air Corps (Organization)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States