Daniel C. Jones Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Soldier. Letters (1941-1944) from Daniel C. Jones to his mother, Mrs. Cecelia Jones, Kent, Ohio, during the time period of April 19, 1943 through April 6, 1944. Daniel Jones was in military training at the Army Air Forces Technical School at Seymour Johnson Field, North Carolina (April-June 1943), at Peterson Field, Colorado Springs, Colorado (August-September 1943), and at Will Rogers Field, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (October 1943-April 1944). Jones' letter describes his basic training, daily routine, family relations, and kidney and psychological problems including visits to the hospital, an operation, and his eventual medical discharge. The collection also includes one letter dated October 8, 1941 from an unidentified airman, who was at the Alabama Institute of Aeronautics, Inc., Tuscaloosa, Alabama. This letter describes in detail the aeronautics course he was taking to qualify as a pilot.
- Jones, Daniel C. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.1 ft. (.1 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Purchase from Charles Applebaum, Booksellers.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Air Corps
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States