Lea Murray Nichols Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Newspaperman. Correspondence (1903-1951) regarding personal affairs, politicians and political events, and the National Editorial Association; speeches (n.d.) of Nichols; and publications (1917-1944) by pacifist organizations and government agencies regarding America's involvement in World War II and Nazi Germany's relations with other European nations. Lea Murray Nichols Photograph Collection also in repository.
- Creation: 1903-1951
- Nichols, Lea Murray, 1878- (Person)
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
1 Cubic Feet (1 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Lea Murray Nichols.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Nichols, Lea Murray. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1957.
- Cruce, Lee, 1863-1933 (Person)
- Davenport, James S., 1864-1940 (Person)
- Frantz, Frank, 1872-1941 (Person)
- Kerr, Robert S. (Robert Samuel), 1896-1963 (Person)
- Marland, Ernest Whitworth, 1874-1941 (Person)
- Owen, Robert L. (Robert Latham), 1856-1947 (Person)
- Thomas, Elmer, 1876-1965 (Person)
- Turner, Roy J. (Roy Joseph), 1894-1973 (Person)
- National Editorial Association (Organization)
- United States. National Recovery Administration (Organization)
- McKeown, Tom D. (Tom Deitz), 1878-1951 (Person)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019