Arthur H. Geissler Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Diplomat. Scrapbooks containing news clippings, magazine articles, government documents, pamphlets, photographs, handbills, and memorabilia accumulated by Geissler while serving as United States Ambassador to Guatemala and reflecting events throughout Central America for the period 1922-1928.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
1.5 ft. (1.5 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Transferred from Stovall Museum of Natural History (Norman, Okla.).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Scrapbooks: Source of acquisition--Stovall Museum of Natural History. Method of acquisition--Transfer; Date of acquisition--1967.
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933
- Geissler, Arthur H., 1877-1945
- Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel), 1865-1923
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- Orellana, José María, 1872-1926
- Railroads -- Central America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Guatemala Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Ftamc
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1921-1923 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1923-1929 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States