Willie Turtle Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Collector. Four land allotment documents (1901-1911) from the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, signed over to four Kiowa Indians. All four were signed by William McKinley. The collection also includes weekly ration tickets (ca. 1944) for the Geimansaddle family.
- Turtle, Willie (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.33 foot (.33 foot)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Willie Turtle.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Turtle, Willie. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1990.
- Geimausaddle family
- Geimausaddle, Grace
- Geimausaddle, Josie
- Indian allotments Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indian land transfers -- Oklahoma -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kiowa Indians -- Land transfers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McKinley, William, 1843-1901
- Rationing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States