Benjamin F. Overton Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Typescripts of correspondence, editorials and newspaper items concerning Overton's term as Governor of the Chickasaw Nation and the Permit Law of 1876. The editorials are by G. McPherson, editor of the Star-Vindicator of McAlester, Oklahoma.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.33 ft. (.33 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Transfer from Phillips Collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Typescripts: Source of acquisition--Phillips Collection. Method of acquisition--Transfer; Date of acquisition--9999.
- Chickasaw Indians -- Kings and rulers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chickasaw Indians -- Legal satus, laws, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chickasaw Nation, Oklahoma -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Editorials Subject Source: Ftamc
- Overton, B. F. (Benjamin F.)
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States