William Woodrow Savage, Jr., Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Historian. Original typescripts and/or galley proofs (1973-1977) for three of Savage's books, including "Cowboy Life" "The Frontier" and "The Cherokee Strip Livestock Association: The Impact of Federal Regulations" and "Indian Life Transforming: An American Myth" along with correspondence and papers (1981-2000) relating to comparative frontier studies at the University of Oklahoma.
Restrictions on Access
Restricted: Student names and identification numbers on materials in this collection are not available for research or publication.
9 ft. (9 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Dr. William Savage.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Manuscripts (for publication): Source of acquisition--Savage, Dr. William. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1973.
- Authors, American (Western) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Galley proofs Subject Source: Ftamc
- Historians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States