Joseph G. Smith Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Physician. Records (1906-1955) kept by Smith regarding the more than 4,000 obstetrical cases he attended in Washington County, Oklahoma; publications (1924-1946) regarding the history of the Methodist Episcopal Church in Bartlesville; medical articles (1924-1928) published by Smith; a newsletter (1946) of the Bartlesville YMCA; and certificates and diplomas (1888-1952) awarded to Smith by medical schools and societies, including a license to practice (1903) issued by the Territory of Oklahoma.
- Creation: 1888-1955
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
.10 Cubic Feet (.10 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Dr. Joseph G. Smith.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records: Source of acquisition--Smith, Dr. Joseph G. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1954.
- Smith, Joseph G., 1870- (Person)
- Bartlesville Rotary Club (Bartlesville, Okla.) (Organization)
- Young Men's Christian Association (Bartlesville, Okla.) (Organization)
- Methodist Episcopal Church (Bartlesville, Okla.) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Bartlesville (Okla.) -- Church history
- Bartlesville (Okla.) -- Clubs
- Washington County (Okla.) -- Statistics, Vital
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019