Robert M. Harris Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Typescripts from various Oklahoma newspaper articles concerning Harris's term as governor of the Chickasaw Nation from 1896 to 1898, Chickasaw legislation, and biographical material on Harris.
- Creation: 1896-1927
- Harris, Robert Maxwell, 1851-1927 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
.33 Cubic Feet (.33 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Frank Phililips.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Printed materials: Source of acquisition--Phillips, Frank. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1963.
- United States. Commission to the Five Civilized Tribes (Organization)
- Chickasaw Indians -- Census
- Chickasaw Indians -- Citizenship
- Chickasaw Indians -- Education
- Chickasaw Indians -- Financial affairs
- Chickasaw Indians -- Government relations -- 1969-1934
- Chickasaw Indians -- Hunting
- Chickasaw Indians -- Land titles
- Chickasaw Indians -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Chickasaw Indians -- Tribal citizenship
- Chickasaw Indians -- Tribal government
- Indian allotments -- Chickasaw Nation, Oklahoma
- Indians of North America -- Politics and government
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019