Meredith Newton Williams Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Journalist. Correspondence (1942-1950) from Gov. Leon C. Phillips and "Daily Oklahoman" editor Walter M. Harrison, praising stories written by Williams as a reporter for that paper, and regarding his move to a newspaper in Iowa; interdepartmental memos (1929-1930) of the "Daily Oklahoman"; telegrams (1949-1950) and obituaries (1949) regarding Williams' death; and copies of the Marshalltown (Iowa) "Times-Republican" (1945-1950) for which Williams worked after leaving Oklahoma. Meredith Newton Williams Photograph Collection also in repository.
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
.33 ft. (.33 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Mrs. Meridith Williams.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Williams, Mrs. Meredith. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1951.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harrison, Walter M., 1888-1961
- Journalists -- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoranda Subject Source: Ftamc
- Newspaper publishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Obituaries Subject Source: Ftamc
- Oklahoma Publishing Company
- Phillips, Leon C. (Leon Chase), 1890-1958
- Telegrams Subject Source: Ftamc
- Williams, Meredith Newton, 1904-1949
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019 United States