Guy Bradford Treat Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Railroad official. Correspondence (1925-1947); reports (1906-1955); minutes (1954); financial records (1918-1946); maps (1904-1955); and publications (1909-1955) regarding the operations, financial status and policies of railway companies in central and southeastern Oklahoma. The companies include the Oklahoma Railway, the Oklahoma City Railway, the Metropolitan Railway, the El Reno Interurban and the Norman Interurban. The collection also contains correspondence (1947) regarding the liquidation of the Oklahoma City streetcar system, and the development of the Diamond Dishwasher Company (1925). Guy Bradford Treat Photograph Collection also in repository.
- Creation: 1903-1955
Restrictions on Access
Available for public access.
4 Cubic Feet (4 ft.)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Gift of Guy Keith and the Treat Estate.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records: Source of acquisition--Keith, Guy and the Treat Estate. Method of acquisition--Gift; Date of acquisition--1980.
- Treat, Guy Bradford, -1980 (Person)
- Diamond Dishwasher Company (Okla.) (Organization)
- El Reno Interurban Railway Company (Okla.) (Organization)
- Guthrie-Edmond Electric Railway Company (Okla.) (Organization)
- First National Bank of McAlester (Okla.) (Organization)
- Metropolitan Railway Company (Okla.) (Organization)
- Norman Interurban Railway Company (Okla.) (Organization)
- Oklahoma City and Suburban Railway Company (Organization)
- Oklahoma City Railway Company (Organization)
- Oklahoma Railway Company (Organization)
- Pittsburg County Railway Company (Okla.) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019