S. C. Turnbo Collection
Scope and Contents
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
Confederate soldier. A bound typescript of a journal kept by Turnbo while serving as a Confederate soldier with the 27th Arkansas Infantry in the Trans-Mississippi West during the Civil War. The journal includes accounts of the activities of the "Jayhawkers" and "Mountain Boomers" in the Ozark Mountains region.
- Creation: 1861-1865
Restrictions on Access
On June 26, 2023, the Western History Collections began a preservation project that has made many of its collections unavailable for a period of time. This collection is among the materials temporarily unavailable. Please contact Western History Collections if you wish to be added to a contact list to be notified when this collection becomes available.
Available for public access.
1 item (1 item)
Language of Materials
Ownership and Custodial History
Transferred from Phillips Collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Papers: Source of acquisition--Phillips Collection. Method of acquisition--Transfer; Date of acquisition--9999.
Genre / Form
- Arkansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Missouri -- History -- Civil Wr, 1861-1865
- Oklahoma -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Texas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Underground movements
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Western History Collections Repository
Monnet Hall, 3rd Floor
630 Parrington Oval
Norman Oklahoma 73019