Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Box: Photo D-10
Scope and Contents Black and white original prints of Apache, Kiowa, and Comanche Indians. Includes Geronimo, Quanah Parker, and the Indian School at Fort Sill, Indian Territory.
Scope and Contents Black and white hand tinted original prints of Arapaho, Apache, Assiniboin, Blackfoot, Cheyenne, Cocopa, Crow, Flathead, Fox, Kiowa, Maricopa, Sac and Fox, Sioux, Tonkawa, Winnebago, Omaha, Ponca, Potawatomi, Pueblo, and Wichita Indians.
Scope and Contents Black and white copy prints of Arikara, Apache, Arapaho, Assiniboin, Blackfoot, Cayuse, Comanche, Crow, Cherokee, Cayuga, Chinook, Caddo, Choctaw, Chippewa, Cheyenne, Delaware, Hidatsa, Hopi, Iowa, Kaw, Kickapoo, Kichai, Kiowa, Klamath, Laguna, Moki, Modoc, Makah, Mandan, Makah, Mandan, Miami, Missouri, Nez Perce, Onadaga, Omaha, Oto, Osage, Paiute, Puyallup, Pawnee, Peoria, Papago, Potawatomi, Pueblo, Ponca, Quapaw, Quinault, Sac and Fox, Salish, Seminole, Seneca, Shawnee, Sioux, Shoshoni, Tuscarora, Umatilla, Ute, Walla Walla, Winnebago, Wyandotte, Yakima, Yuma, Yuchi, and Zuni Indians. George Rainey Manuscript Collection also in repository.
Scope and Contents Black and white copy prints from the original nitrate negatives of early Texas history, Texas Rangers, lawmen, outlaws, gunfighters, and wild west shows. Also included are photographs of ranchers, cattlemen and cowboys of the Southwest, the U.S. Army during the Apache campaigns, the Little Big Horn battlefield and the Indian Wars of 1876 and 1890-1891, along with churches, cathedrals, and missions of Texas, California and Arizona. The collection also contains images of Comanche, Sioux, Shoshoni, Pueblo, Creek, Chippewa, Maricopa, Arapaho, Papago, Kickapoo, Yuma, Modoc, Cheyenne, Pawnee, Kiowa, Navajo, Apache, and Crow Indians. Prominent western personalities include Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, Geronimo, Quanah Parker, Sitting Bull, Frank and Jesse James, Heck Thomas, Bill Tilghman, Chris Madsen, Pat Garrett, Billy the Kid, the Daltons and Youngers, Judge Roy Bean, George A. Custer, California Joe, the Sundance Kid, Butch Cassidy, and the Earp brothers.
Scope and Contents Black and white original and copy prints of Tonkawa, Oklahoma Territory and state, and scenes of farming, railroad construction, schools and businesses. Also includes scenes of Caddo, Omaha, Wichita, Cheyenne, Tonkawa, Comanche, Kiowa, and Apache Indians. Tonkawa Public Library Manuscripts Collection also in repository.
Scope and Contents Black and white original and copy prints of Comanche, Cheyenne, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Arapaho, Sac and Fox, Sioux, Blackfoot, Kiowa, Crow, Ute, Shawnee, Omaha, Pueblo, Shoshoni, Pawnee, Ponca, Assinibone, Apache, Yakima Nez Perce, Umatilla, Wichita, Osage, Potawatomi and Flathead Indians. Also included are photographs of the U.S. Army during the Indian Wars (1865-1891), Western forts and posts, the Little Big Horn battlefield, trails and settlements of the Southwest, soil conservation and dust storms, Oklahoma towns, mountain ranges and National Parks.
- Cheyenne Indians -- Costume and adornment 4
- Dakota Indians -- Arms and armor. 4
- Dakota Indians -- Beadwork. 4
- Dakota Indians -- Clothing 4
- Kiowa Indians -- Beadwork 4
- Kiowa Indians -- Cradleboards 4
- Apache Indians -- Arms and armor 3
- Apache Indians -- Costume and adornment 3
- Arapaho Indians -- Costume and adornment 3
- Cheyenne Indians -- Beadwork 3
- Comanche Indians -- Arms and armor 3
- Comanche Indians -- Costume and adornment 3
- Dakota Indians -- Dwellings. 3
- Dakota Indians -- Transportation. 3
- Fort Sill (Okla.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Fox Indians 3
- Kiowa Indians -- Arms and armor 3
- Nez Percé Indians -- Clothing 3 ∧ less
- Joseph, (Nez Percé Chief), 1840-1904 3
- Parker, Quanah, 1845?-1911 3
- Rain in the Face, approximately 1835-1905 3
- Sitting Bull, 1831-1890 3
- Bridger, Jim, 1804-1881 2
- Buffalo Bill, 1846-1917 2
- Crazy Horse, approximately 1842-1877 2
- Crook, George, 1829-1890 2
- Custer, George A. (George Armstrong), 1839-1876 2
- Custer, Thomas Ward, 1845-1876 2
- Dobie, J. Frank (James Frank), 1888-1964 2
- Dull Knife, approximately 1828-1879 or 1883 2
- Gall, approximately 1840-1894 2
- Hickok, Wild Bill, 1837-1876 2
- Pawnee Bill, 1860-1942 2
- Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948 2
- Red Cloud, 1822-1909 2
- Reno, Marcus A. (Marcus Albert), 1835-1889 2
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891 2 ∧ less