Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Black and white original prints and glass plate negatives of the settlement of Guthrie, Oklahoma Territory. The collection includes images of street scenes, businesses, building construction, Guthrie as a tent city, railroads, and the United States military at Guthrie.
Scope and Contents Black and white copy and original prints of Judge Isaac Parker and federal marshals who operated out of Fort Smith, Arkansas. Also included are photographs of some of the outlaws captured or killed by the marshals. Charles B. Rhodes Manuscript Collection also in repository.
Scope and Contents Black and white copy prints from the original nitrate negatives of early Texas history, Texas Rangers, lawmen, outlaws, gunfighters, and wild west shows. Also included are photographs of ranchers, cattlemen and cowboys of the Southwest, the U.S. Army during the Apache campaigns, the Little Big Horn battlefield and the Indian Wars of 1876 and 1890-1891, along with churches, cathedrals, and missions of Texas, California and Arizona. The collection also contains images of Comanche, Sioux, Shoshoni, Pueblo, Creek, Chippewa, Maricopa, Arapaho, Papago, Kickapoo, Yuma, Modoc, Cheyenne, Pawnee, Kiowa, Navajo, Apache, and Crow Indians. Prominent western personalities include Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, Geronimo, Quanah Parker, Sitting Bull, Frank and Jesse James, Heck Thomas, Bill Tilghman, Chris Madsen, Pat Garrett, Billy the Kid, the Daltons and Youngers, Judge Roy Bean, George A. Custer, California Joe, the Sundance Kid, Butch Cassidy, and the Earp brothers.
Scope and Contents Black and white copy and original prints of Cherokee Indians, the Cherokee Female Seminary, and Tahlequah, Indian Territory. Also includes prints of outlaws and U.S. Marshals.
Scope and Contents Black and white original and copy prints of Oklahoma outlaws, lawmen, agriculture, wild west shows, land openings, businesses, towns and cities, schools, settlers, members of the state government and of the U.S. Army. Also included are images of Cherokee, Osage, Delaware, Seminole, Comanche, Creek, and Apache Indians. Walter S. Ferguson Manuscript Collection also in repository.
Scope and Contents Black and white original and copy prints of Oklahoma marshals, outlaws, frontier life, and agriculture along with scenes of the communities of Perry, Guthrie, Fort Sill and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The collection also includes photographs of Apache, Cherokee, Cheyenne, Comanche, Kiowa, Sioux and Wichita Indians. William M. Tilghman Manuscript Collection also in repository.
- Marshals -- United States 4
- Banks and banking -- Insurance business -- Oklahoma 3
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oklahoma 3
- Hotels -- Oklahoma 3
- Oklahoma -- History -- Land Rush, 1889 3
- Outlaws -- Oklahoma 3
- American bison 2
- Apache Indians -- Arms and armor 2
- Apache Indians -- Clothing 2
- Bars (Drinking establishments) -- Oklahoma 2
- Blake, Jack -- (Tulsa Jack). 2
- Bonney, William H. 2
- Carriages and carts -- Oklahoma 2
- Cherokee Indians 2
- Comanche Indians -- Arms and armor 2
- Comanche Indians -- Costume and adornment 2
- Guthrie (Okla.) -- Description and travel 2
- Kiowa Indians -- Dwellings 2
- Land settlement -- Oklahoma 2 ∧ less
- Christie, Ned, 1852-1892 4
- Dalton Gang 4
- Dalton family 4
- Madsen, Christian, 1851-1944 4
- Starr, Henry, 1873-1921 4
- Buffalo Bill, 1846-1917 3
- Doolin, Bill, 1858-1896 3
- Geronimo, 1829-1909 3
- Powers, Bill 3
- Thomas, Heck, 1850-1912 3
- United States. Army 3
- United States. Army. Cavalry 3
- Bean, Roy, -1903 2
- Billy, the Kid 2
- Broadwell, Dick, 1862-1892 2
- Bruner, Heck, d. 1902 2
- Chisholm, Jesse 2
- Cook, Bill, 1873-1900 2
- Hickok, Wild Bill, 1837-1876 2 ∧ less