Catholic Church -- Oklahoma
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Cemetery marker in North McAlester Catholic Cemetery. These markers (photos 31-36) are in the North McAlester Catholic Cemetery, site of the parish home of Father Isidore Robot and the first permanent place of Catholic services in Indian Territory., undated
Black and white copy prints of Italian Americans in Pittsburg County, Indian Territory and Oklahoma. Included in the collection are photographs of their organizations, businesses, coal mining, sports, and cemeteries, along with photographs of the towns of McAlester, Indian Territory and Oklahoma state, Krebs, Indian Territory, and Hartshorne and Crowder, Oklahoma.
Grace Adeline King Maguire Collection
FULL FINDING AID (PDF)
University of Oklahoma professor and librarian. Clippings (1885-1935), including clippings of Maguire's weekly newspaper article"Lights and Shadows"; books (1891-1927) ;and other printed material (1891-1906) concerning the Roman Catholic Church; a scrapbook (n.d.); documents (1902-1914) from the U.S. Land Office at Lawton, Oklahoma; and a stock book (1906-1908), catalogs (1906) and advertisements from the James D. Maguire Store in Norman, Oklahoma. Grace King Maguire Photograph Collection also in repository.
Group of women in front of Sacred Heart Parish concession. “Meals served by Catholic ladies of Capitol Hill.” Oklahoma State Fair, October 1913. 2 copy prints, 5x7. 2 negative, 5x7., 1913 October
Black and white copy prints of Catholic churches, schools and monastic orders in Oklahoma. Also includes Osage and Quapaw Indians and scenes of Guthrie, Boley, Langston, Fairfax, Ardmore, Antlers and Chickasha, Oklahoma.
Henrietta Novy Photograph Collection
Black and white copy prints of Czech Americans from the towns of Bison, Goltry, Banner and Prague, Oklahoma. The collection includes scenes of weddings, schools, churches, and farming.
St. Mary's School Photograph Collection
Black and white original prints of St. Mary's Catholic School at Quapaw, Oklahoma.